MOST POPULAR ACTIVE TOURS
DAMAVAND CLASSIC ROUTE (5 days)
Mount Damāvand a dormant volcano, located in middle Alborz Range with 5671m elevation is the highest point in Iran (Persia) and is the highest peak in Middle East. The mountain is located near the southern coast of the Caspian (Māzandarān) Sea, 66 km (45 mile) northeast of Tehran. It is clearly visible from Tehran. The nearest major town to Mount Damāvand is city of Lārījān, famous for its hot springs.
There are 3 known glaciers in Damavand by the name of: Yakhar, Siyoleh, Dubisel. The best season for ascending the peak is June to September. In this season weather condition is usually stable, though there could be snowfall even in mid-summer.
pickup available from airport
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from Tehran to Tehran by private vehicle
- - Bed or room in mountain shelter and camp in the base.
- - Three meals with tea and coffee during the Hike.
- All expenses of our guide and porter
- Necessary permit for climbing Damavand
- Professional English spiking mountain guide.
- - Mules for carrying the back packs up to the 4200-meter shelter for large groups (above 10 people).
- Iran visa fee (for more information please read VISA INFORMATION)
- Personal equipment’s and clothing
- Your insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages, tips, personal nature expenses
- Day 1
Drive from Tehran to “Rineh” mountain village. Overnight in “Rineh mountain complex” hotel/shelter (2400 M)...
- Day 2
Transfer to “Goosfand sra”(2950 M), start hiking till "Bargah-e-sevom" shelter (4200m) in about 4-5 hours. Overnight in shelter.
- Day 3
Ascend till (4800m) for acclimatizing and return to shelter. Overnight in shelter.
- Day 4
Ascend to Damavand peak (5671m) in about 7 hours and descend to shelter. Overnight in shelter.
- Day 5
Descend back to “Goosfandsara” and drive to Tehran. End of the tour